Sunday, May 28, 2017

IT"S OFFICIAL!!!!

We passed our FINAL inspection!!! 
On Thursday, after a lot of hard work earlier in the week, we passed our final. Receiving permission to move in.  
It just so happened that the next day was my 38th birthday and so we made it our goal to spend our first night in the house that night.
 
Our first priority was getting our beds into the house.






Good bye to the big dumpster!

Good Bye to our old house!  
We have loved living here and at the same time loved the thought of leaving it behind for a more modern, safer, more spacious house.  The little green house has been like family and we will miss it.
 The entire of our old house would fit in our kitchen and dining area of the new house. Keep in mind it was just shy of 700 sq. ft.
 We're not even all the way moved in and Daddy is making cookies.
We are using an old kitchen table set handed down a couple generations now. It is full of character and must be covered with a table cloth to cover up some BAD blemishes but it'll do for now. We are super excited to sit around a table all together.
Some questions or comments I have gotten during the process;
"You are the general contractor on your house??? You're brave, I could never do that."  Maybe I am brave or crazy or willing to do it because I want a house so much and want our dollar to go as far as possible.  I enjoyed the journey, even if I have experienced some hair loss and gray hair from stress. (No Joke) and have learned A LOT!
"Would you ever build a house again?" I hope I don't have to.  We plan on being here a long time.  However, I do believe it would be easier a second time because of all the knowledge gained this time around.
A HUGE thank you to everyone (including the Lord) who helped make this dream possible!  We will forever be grateful!
We love this house!  Now it's HOME!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! What kind of cake did you have on your birthday? I love the photos of your home - especially the ones where there is movement: walking through the room, a foot leaving the room.... I can tell there is much exploring going on! I can't wait to come explore it as well. -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! I was just in Lehi this past week and I went up to visit with your mom and dad and they explained how you had been the head honcho behind all the doings of the house. Wowzers......Double Wowzers! It's a beautiful home and I'll bet the best birthday present, EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys did an awesome job, it is a little stressful but once you move in you realize it was all worth it.

    ReplyDelete